Based on the outskirts of Sheffield at the Advanced Manufacturing Park, EDRMedeso UK is an Elite Channel Partner for Ansys software in the UK. Part of a larger group, the company is responsible for sales, consultancy and account management of Ansys software in Europe. EDR Medeso UK gained the Great Place to Work™ certification in 2022, and has ambitions to make it on to the UK Best Workplaces™ list by continually reviewing and improving its Employee Experience.
Computer-based product simulation has seen powerful development, and with the digital revolution, the demands on virtual product development increase. All product development companies must now change how they work to remain competitive and ensure their future success. In this role, you will work to understand how customers work, what they want to achieve and how they can solve their problems.
In the role of Electronic Simulation Engineer you will focus on a number of relevant customer applications and various physics / topics. Which ones will depend on your study background and work experience, and complement the existing knowledge in the group. With the ever-increasing capabilities of simulation tools, relevant customer applications and physics/topics/point-of-views could include:
- Signal/power electronics
- electromagnetic fields and antennas
- LF/HF, SI/PI, EMI/EMC
- Mechanical vibrations/shocks
- Thermal design and cycling
- System modelling
Your role will involve utilizing electrical/electronic simulations and ANSYS simulation tools to create customer value. Working within the team to share knowledge on the latest best practices and workflows, you will help to foster a collaborative group environment.
Working alongside our sales and customer engineering teams, you will share in-depth technical expertise to assist them in finding the most suitable tools, workflows, and processes to design, simulate, and improve their signal/power electronic circuits/boards, using ANSYS simulation tools such as Electronics Desktop, SIwave, Sherlock, Twin Builder, and others.
You will help inform our customers about the new capabilities and latest successes achieved using ANSYS simulation tools by participating in the creation of webinars, seminars and social media content. Answering detailed technical questions from our customers regarding the ANSYS simulation tools will support them in improving their application designs and help to build strong customer relationships.
You will have lots of opportunity to continuously enhance your proficiency in ANSYS simulation tools, allowing you to provide basic, advanced, and customized training when needed.
What we’re looking for
The Electronic Simulation Engineer is self-motivated, with a solution oriented work style and a growth mindset. You will thrive in dynamic work environments where the ability to contribute and learn is critical to the team’s success. The post-holder will have:
- A master’s degree or PhD in Electronic Engineering or a related field,
- experience in practical electrical circuit and/or PCB layout designs, including related electrical and other simulations,
- a solid understanding of workflows and processes related to electrical circuit and PCB layout design, manufacturing processes, and common testing requirements,
- strong practical and theoretical knowledge of signal integrity, power integrity, EMC concepts, and lifetime analysis,
- familiarity with ANSYS simulation tools (e.g., SIwave, Q3D, TwinBuilder, and others)
- a scripting/coding background or a positive attitude toward learning these skills,
- familiarity with other simulation tools would also be useful,
- strong analytical and problem solving skills,
- excellent teamwork and communication skills
- a curiosity-driven mindset that thrives on finding solutions to various applications, mathematics, physics and coding-related challenges on a daily basis.
What we offer
- Hands on experience working on real-world electronic simulation projects
- Mentorship and guidance from highly experienced professionals in the industry
- Exposure to advanced simulation tools and techniques
- Networking opportunities with industry experts
- 25 days holiday plus statutory, increasing with long service
- Company pension
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance with Employee Assistance Program
- Fully supporting of personal development including required training and membership to a relevant professional body
- Flexible working, including flexitime and the option for hybrid working
- On-site parking
- Certified a Great Place to Work™ in 2022
- A friendly environment where our colleagues support each other and work together as a team to ensure the company’s success