Imagine the impact if your Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) team could reduce overnight simulations to less than 2 hours. This would enable four design iterations per day, compared to just one. EDRMedeso is thrilled to introduce a new version of CloudConnect, an enabler that removes the complex process of accessing Rescale Cloud, now compatible with Ansys Fluent.
Rescale is a leading cloud platform specialized in engineering and scientific simulations. It offers a versatile environment for accessing various computing resources and supports a wide range of simulation software. Rescale simplifies the deployment and scaling of simulations in the cloud, making it a go-to choice for industries like aerospace, automotive, and energy.
One of Rescale’s standout features is its flexible cost model. Rather than traditional fixed infrastructure costs, Rescale operates on a pay-as-you-go model. Users are charged based on the resources they consume, which allows for cost optimization and scalability. This means organizations can efficiently manage their simulation expenses, adjusting their computing power as needed, making it a cost-effective solution for projects of all sizes.
EDRMedeso has been offering Rescale’s cloud platform since 2018 and launched an add-on tool to Rescale in 2022 – CloudConnect for Ansys Mechanical users, that seamlessly integrates with Rescale’s platform. CloudConnect revolutionizes the process of configuring and running simulations in the cloud, further enhancing the accessibility and efficiency of cloud-based simulations. This transformative tool simplifies workflows, eliminates barriers, and empowers engineers and organizations to harness the full potential of cloud computing for their simulation needs.
The graph above shows how the launch of CloudConnect has affected Rescale usage at EDRMedeso customers, illustrating how it simplifies simulations in the cloud. This success taught us that engineers need tools that make their work simpler. With CloudConnect for Ansys Fluent, we’re using our experience to change how people do CFD simulations. This tool was launched in 2023 after an extensive beta testing period. It is designed to be user-friendly, giving you control in real-time and easy access to Rescale’s cloud platform. Our goal is to empower engineers and organizations, continuing the success story of the previous version.
Problem and Solution
Running Ansys Fluent simulations in the cloud has previously been tough due to complex and time-consuming steps. This made engineers hesitate to use cloud-based high-performance computing (HPC) for a few reasons:
- Complex Processes: Setting up and configuring cloud simulations manually has been hard work, cancelling out the advantages of cloud computing.
- Worries about Reliability: Engineers have been concerned about whether cloud platforms are reliable and if they have all the needed features. This made them less likely to use cloud solutions.
This means that 40% of the Ansys user base still runs their simulations on on-premises hardware.
So, how does Rescale in combination with CloudConnect for Ansys Fluent enable easy and efficient cloud simulations within CFD?
- Simpler Processes: CloudConnect makes cloud simulations easy with a one-click setup directly within the Fluent graphical user interface (GUI). It gets rid of the complicated steps.
- Reliability and Flexibility: CloudConnect ensures that cloud resources are dependable and can be adjusted as needed for better performance.
- User Control: Users stay in control through Rescale budgets and pay-as-you-go model, making it simple for Ansys Fluent users to switch to cloud computing.
In short, CloudConnect for Ansys Fluent breaks down the barriers that have stopped engineers and organizations from using cloud-based simulations. Its user-friendly interface improves problem-solving capabilities and streamlines your workflow.
Reach out to EDRMedeso sales to get started with Rescale and CloudConnect today!